The mind behind the infamous Ig Nobel Prizes presents an addictive collection of improbable research all about us – and you.
Marc Abrahams collects the odd, the imaginative and the brilliantly improbable. Here he turns to research on the ins and outs of the very improbable evolutionary innovation that is the human body (brain included):
• What’s the best way to get a monkey to floss regularly?
• How much dandruff do Pakistani soldiers have?
• If you add an extra henchman to your bank-robbing gang, how much more money will you ‘earn’?
• How many dimples will be found on the cheeks of 28,282 Greek children?
• Who is the Einstein of pork carcasses?